Ethnic Recipe and Meal Ideas
This site is designed to help you if you are looking for ethnic recipes or
meal ideas from around the globe. You can search for a recipe (using the
search box on the right) or use the drop down menus at the top of the page
which include region, country, base ingredient or "pot luck"
Fish Recipes and Meal Ideas
Scottish Fish Food Drink and Picnic Ideas
Salmon Salad Recipe
This is recipe which uses Smoked salmon although regular tinned salmon is just as acceptable. It is typical of Salads, light and just enough for warm summer evenings
Smoked salmon Salad Recipe
- 225 g (8 oz) pasta e.g. bows, shells etc. Crisp lettuce leaves
- 225 g (8 oz) smoked salmon or (can red salmon, drained) and flaked
- 3 sticks celery, sliced
- 2 eggs, hard boiled, shelled and sliced
- A few black olives
- 1 x 15 ml spoon (1 tbsp) capers
- 150ml (1/4 pint) olive oil
- 1 x 5 ml spoon (1 tsp) grated lemon rind
- 2 x 15 ml spoons (2 tbsps) lemon juice 2 x 15 ml spoons (2 tbsps) white wine vinegar
- 1/2 x 2.5 ml spoon (1/4 tsp) dry mustard
- 2 x 15 ml spoons (2 tbsps) dill, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente or just tender. Rinse in cold water and drain. Line a large serving plate with lettuce and spoon over pasta. Arrange salmon celery, eggs, olives and capers over the pasta. Place all dressing ingredients together in a screw-topped jar and shake well until well mixed. Pour a little dressing over salad and serve any remaining separately. N.B. The dressing may be kept refrigerated for about a week.
As with all recipes which involve cooking and baking a sensible approach must be taken especially when dealing with warm or hot (temperature) ingredients. If you are unable to take due care, please do not attempt to make any of these recipes. All recipes are tried at your own risk.
For US to UK equivalents for food weights and measurements see this rough guide
Whilst these recipes may be freely used they may NOT be reproduced in any format (for example -electronic or paper based) without the website owners PRIOR agreement.
- Servings 4
- Preparation Time 20 mins
- Cooking Time 10 mins