Thai Food and Drink Ideas
This Curry paste is Very useful one which can be added to so many recipes. This gives more taste to the recipe. This can stored for several days in the refrigerator.The preparation of Thai curry pastes involves pounding or grinding together an array of spices and herbs. This recipe is very hot.If you want you can reduce the spices.
For US to UK equivalents see this rough guide
- 2 lg shallots minced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp peeled minced fresh galangal
- in hot water for 30 min drained and minced or 2 tsp peeled,
- minced gingerroot
- 1 inch piece fresh lemongrass minced or
- 1 tbsp dried soaked in water for 30 min drained and minced
- 8 dried whole red chilies with seeds minced or 2 1/2 ts red-pepper flakes
- 2 ts minced cilantro root
- 1 fresh kaffir lime leaf minced or 2 dried soaked in warm water for 20
- min drained and minced or 1/2 tsp. grated lime zest
- 1/2 tsp shrimp paste
Take a deep bowl , add the items to it and combine the items well. Blend until a smooth paste is made. This can be used as a curry paste and can be stored as well. Keep in air tight container and refrigerate it. This can be stored for 1 week.
As with all recipes which involve cooking and baking a sensible approach must be taken especially when dealing with warm or hot (temperature) ingredients. If you are unable to take due care, please do not attempt to make any of these recipes. All recipes are tried at your own risk.
For US to UK equivalents for food weights and measurements see this rough guide
Whilst these recipes may be freely used they may NOT be reproduced in any format (for example -electronic or paper based) without the website owners PRIOR agreement.